Jul 31, 2011

Surprise!!!!!




To start this post out I have a picture of Josh waving to all of you. He has recently learned to wave and clap his hands, so he does it A LOT. He is so proud!








Mark is now 29!! Since he has been away so much and studying so often, I figured he really needed a night to relax and hang out with friends. Over the past month I have been planning a surprise Birthday Party for him and the biggest surprise was that I was able to keep it a secret! I tend to get a little over excited about things and I can never keep in something exciting which also goes for Mark. We usually always crack and open presents before Christmas day and before our birthdays... we just love to see each others reactions.




This year I decided to be different. I know Mark is too humble and wouldn't want people making a fuss over him so I figured it was better he didn't know. I spent weeks getting our yard ready; weeding, gardening, pruning trees, planting trees etc. I bought banners and blew up balloons for the yard(I had constant headaches from this). I printed large pictures of Mark to surround the yard (mostly to embarrass him, and it worked). I baked three cakes- one lemon cake with chocolate icing, one chocolate cake with blue vanilla icing and one cake to turn into skor trifle. We had banana chocolate chip muffins and oatmeal muffins (Mark's favorite) and a large cupcake cake made into a Calculator (compliments of Safeway). I bought a patio set and got it ready. I hid everything downstairs and did things only when he was out of the house. Each day I had to bake I would bake right after he left and a few hours before he got home I would ensure the house did not smell of evidence. I made curry, fried onions, popcorn, and garlicky food on days that I baked to ensure he had no clue. And it worked. Everything was Perfect! The weather was supposed to cooperate as well... until right at 7:30 when it was to begin... it DOWN POURED!!! grrr.





So we all ran into our messy garage and had a party in there! It was still loads of fun! Mark was speechless! He was so surprised and so amazed people came!( about 40 people came) He asked me who brought all the food and where it came from... I told him and he didn't understand how I could keep such a secret! We had a wonderful time! I LOVE YOU MARK HILL! (ya old man)
















































































No comments:

Post a Comment